Nos 276 to 281
December 2020 to latest issue
Back copies of the twelve most recent Light Railways are available at $A7.95 each. LRRSA members benefit from a 25% discount, reducing the price to A$5.95. Postage is additional (weight 160 gm).
The last 12 issues can also be purchased as a PDF file from the LRRSA Online Shop, where they are listed in the Catalogue under "Light Railways magazine".
All of these remaining issues are out of print, however they are now available as a free PDF download from our website. Click on the PDF button to download the file.
The text of all issues in .pdf format can be searched in Adobe Reader (formerly Adobe Acrobat).
More information on the downloads can be found by clicking here.
Back numbers of Light Railways can be purchased from the LRRSA Online shop.
Click here to print an Order form to post to us.
Overseas purchasers note: the prices quoted above include Australian Goods & Services Tax (GST) which amounts to one-eleventh of the price. This will be deducted on all export sales.
- An Angourie surprise (NSW)
- A quarry tramway tragedy at the Camden Haven River (NSW)
- Isis Sugar Mill rail update (Qld)
- The Tasmania Gold Mine OHW electric tramway
- Lacrosse Island lighthouse tramway (WA)
- Field Reports - Dunkley’s/Wallace’s tramway near Zeehan (Tas)
- Industrial Railway News - 17 items from Australia and Fiji
- Letters - Blue Mountains tramways (NSW); Ringwood Colliery (LRs 130,155,279,280); Lakes Creek Meatworks tramway, Rockhampton, (LR 214); Pole Cups - which way is up? (LR 278);D+ locomotive boiler at Southport (Tas)
- Heritage & Tourist News - 15 items from across Australia
- Back cover photos: South Johnstone Mill scenes
- Caldwell-Vale and Purcell Engineering industrial locomotives - Part 2 (NSW)
- The Luggage Point Tramway, Brisbane – Part 2 (Qld)
- Tulloch Limited Memorial (NSW)
- Looking Back - Victorian Jetty Tramways
- Industrial Railway News - 12 items from Australia and Fiji
- Letters - More on Davenport locomotives in NSW (LR 278); Caldwell-Vale and Purcell Engineering locomotives (LR 278); The Australian Portland Cement Company’s Purcell Locomotive; The Crookhaven Breakwater tramway (LR 278); Lacrosse Island Lighthouse; Ringwood Colliery mystery locomotive (LR130, 155 and 279); Pole Cups – which way is up? (LR 278); Locomotive Torpedo (LR 279 cover)
- Field Reports - Percydale tramways (Vic); Southport Sawmill tramways (tas)
- Heritage & Tourist News - 24 items from across Australia
- Back cover photos: Just a normal day at Yarloop (WA)
- LEFT BEHIND 2ft 6in trucks and the 1953 ‘Puffing Billy’ landslide (Vic)
- The Magnet Tramway (Tas)
- The private sugar tramways of Stotts Creek (NSW)
- Looking Back - Construction tramways at Upper Nepean dams (NSW)
- Industrial Railway News - 18 items from Australia and Fiji
- Letters - Garratt locomotive at Colac, Victoria – 1935 (LR272); Ringwood Colliery (NSW) (LR 130 & 155); The Eskbank Iron Company’s first passenger train!; LRRSA turns 60 (LR 277); Caldwell-Vale and Purcell Engineering industrial locomotives – an overview (LR 278); Michaelis, Hallenstein & Coy, Footscray (Vic) (LR278); Early locomotives at North Eton and Plane Creek sugar mills (LR 278); Export and/or restoration of locomotives – letter (LR 278)
- Field Reports - Weerite Ballast Siding, Weerite (Vic); Wentworth Falls, Katoomba (NSW)
- Heritage & Tourist News - 16 items from across Australia
- Back cover photos: State Electricity Commission of Victoria, Yallourn
- Caldwell-Vale and Purcell Engineering industrial locomotives
- The Crookhaven Breakwater Tramway (NSW)
- Early locomotives at North Eton and Plane Creek sugar mills (Qld)
- Looking Back - Another Queensland miscellany
- Pole Cups – which way is up?
- Industrial Railway News - 14 items from Australia and Fiji
- Field Reports - Eastern Echuca Tramways (Vic); Macquarie Harbour breakwater (Tas); Michaelis, Hallenstein & Coy, Footscray (Vic)
- Letters - Henry’s Locomotive Operation at Forrest (Vic) – 1921; Whitcomb locomotives (LR277); Pete’s Hobby Railway, Junee (LR276); Dreamworld rail line (Qld); Exports of locomotives from Australia; Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway locomotive Kilrie (LR 277 H&T); Davenport locomotives in NSW (LR277)
- Norman Houghton OAM
- Obituary Keith McDonald
- Book Review - On Splintered Rails, The Era of the Tasmanian Bush-Loco, Volume 2 Northwest Coast and Central Coast, by Mark and Angela Fry
- Heritage & Tourist News - 18 items from across Australia
- Back cover photos: Richmond Vale Railway (NSW)
- The Bellinger River breakwater story (NSW)
- LRRSA turns 60
- Yallourn, the early years – part 3 (Vic)
- Lewis’ ballast siding, Pomborneit, (Vic)
- Looking Back - Queensland Mills miscellany
- Industrial Railway News - 22 items from around Australia and Fiji
- Field Reports - Ingram’s skyline and tramway, Growlers Creek, Western Tyers (Vic)
- Letters - Yallourn Part 2 (LR 275) (Vic); Looking Back LR264; Davenport locomotives in NSW, Looking back and Rails to Woomera (LR276); South Maitland Railways (IRN, LR 276); Nebo Colliery locomotive photographs (LR 276); Memories of Garratts on Tasmania’s West Coast (LR 276)
- Obituary - John Prideaux
- 2019 JLN Southern Award
- Heritage & Tourist News - 12 items from Australia
- Back cover photos: APM Maryvale (Vic)
- The Luggage Point Tramway, Brisbane – Part 1
- Memories of Garratts on Tasmania’s West Coast
- Looking Back - South Australian miscellany
- Light Railways 276 – a milestone...
- Industrial Railway News - 19 items from around Australia
- Wilmar 40 tonne locomotive upgrades
- Letters - Kerang and Koondrook Tramway (Vic); The Tasmanian Main Line Railway Reviewed history and locomotive updates, Part 2. (LR 275); Rails to Woomera (LR271, 272, 274); Briseis Tin Mining Company locomotive (LR 275
- Book Review - In the Shadow of the Prom
- Heritage & Tourist News - 17 items from Australia
- Back cover photos: AIS Nebo Colliery