Light Railways pdf downloads
Many early issues of Light Railways back-numbers are now out of print.
The LRRSA is gradually making them available as pdf downloads from the LRRSA Online Shop.
These files are quite large (1.5 MB to 5 MB) and they take up a lot of room on our website. They also require a lot of work to prepare. So we need to charge for them so that they can earn their keep.
This page explains:
- How the pdf downloads work, and
- How to do global searches for information in pdf download files.
How the pdf downloads work
After you have entered the pdf downloads into your shopping cart, and after you have entered your credit card details via DirectOne you will get an invoice from DirectOne indicating that payment has been made.
You then need to click the blue text on this invoice to return to our Online Shop.
Click on "My Account" at the top right of the screen.
You will then be given a list of your orders.
Click on the "VIEW DETAILS" symbol towards the right of the list.
You will then be given a list of the items in your order. For all downloadable items a DOWNLOAD button will be displayed on the right hand side. Click this to download the item.
If anything goes really wrong just send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can fix it one way or another!
Doing global searches
If you have purchased a number of the LR back-number pdf's it is possible to globally search through all of them using Adobe Reader (formerly known as Adobe Acrobat).
For example, if you have issues Nos 5 to 25 and store them in one directory called say "My documents\LR backnumbers" and you want to find all references to "Zeehan" here is what you do:
- In Adobe Reader go to the "Edit" menu and click on "Search".
- A window will appear in the right hand side of the screen, with the following questions:
- "What word or phrase would you like to search for?" Enter "zeehan"
- "Where would you like to search?" Click on "Browse for Location" and find your directory "My documents\LR backnumbers" and hit enter.
- Then click on the "SEARCH" button.
Adobe Reader will start the search and come back with entries for LR16, 18, 22, 24, and 25. You can then click on the individual entry and it will display the relevant page of the document on the left of the screen.